2.1

Ordered a bread maker and a wine aerator from Oster. Never received the wine aerator, and the bread maker was an old floor model (even the box said "floor model") which was missing several parts and the bread bucket was rusted to the unit so that it could not be removed.

I immediately called customer service, where a recording informed me that due to the high volume of calls (no wonder!) I should send an email. I promptly sent a very detailed email explaining the situation. After I sent the email, i was informed it may take up to 3 business days for Oster to respond. I waited about 2 1/2 weeks, and hearing nothing from Oster, packaged the defective bread maker up and sent it back to Oster via UPS.

I asked in the letter accompanying the return for Oster to reimburse my UPS charge ($23.26) because the reason I had to send the bread maker back was because it was defective, and also to refund the price of the wine aerator which they had charged me for but I had not received. A day or two after I had mailed the defective product back, I did finally receive an email from Oster Customer Service. I replied that I had waited almost 3 weeks to hear back from Oster, and finally had to UPS the defective bread maker back to Oster because returns had to be made within 30 days. I also reiterated that I needed to be reimbursed the UPS mailing fee as well, because I had to return the product not because I changed my mind but because it was an old, unusable broken product which was missing parts.

No response from Oster. A couple of months later I noticed on my charge card statement that Oster had refunded the price of the breadmaker, but not the price of the wine aerator that Oster had charged me for, but had failed to send. Nor did Oster refund the $23.26 UPS charge I incurred to mail the piece of junk back. I will NEVER again buy anything from Oster.

In fact, I will never buy another one of their products from Amazon or anywhere else. Oster sends out defective garbage products, and then doesn't reply to the consumer's complaint for weeks, even though returns must be made within 30 days. I am going to warn my friends and extended family members to not deal with Oster or their products.

Dealing with Oster (or at least trying to deal with them) was a horrible ordeal. I wish I had never tried to buy anything from them.

Review about: Oster Bread Machine.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Defective products lack of customer service.

Comments